5 Amazing Things you Can Do in Phuket
If you are thinking of taking your annual holiday in the tropical paradise of Phuket, this article is for you, as we take an in-depth look at some of the fun activities you can enjoy on this gorgeous island in the south of Thailand.
- Snorkelling – The Andaman Sea is the best place to explore the rich marine life and you can swim with whale sharks, giant rays and bottle-nose dolphins. Rent a boat and enjoy a day exploring the magnificent coral reefs and take your underwater camera for some unique shots to post on your Instagram.
- Deep sea fishing – A day or half-day trip gives you the chance to land a monster kingfish or marlin; the vessel supplies all the gear, bait and free refreshments. We recommend taking motion sickness tablets prior to departure, as seasickness will ruin the fishing experience. Whatever you catch you can BBQ in the evening for fresh seafood and the crew can help you with the tackle if you are a novice.
- Theme parks – Which is the best theme park in Phuket? Well, there are quite a few top-class water parks on the island, we think the Andamanda takes some beating. You can enjoy several theme parks during your stay and the kids will never want to leave! Some of the rides are not for the faint of heart, while others are quite sedate; either way, you simply must visit a few theme parks while in Phuket.
- Buddhist temple tour – Your hotel receptionist can book you on a local Buddhist temple tour, where you can marvel at the stunning architecture and take some great images and video. There are many hidden temples that are off the beaten track and a local English-speaking guide can explain the long and colourful history.
- Yacht charter – Charter a yacht for the day/week and visit some of the best spots along the coast of the Andaman Sea; sip your favourite cocktails while watching the sun go down and savour every moment of a very special experience. Take a walk down to the harbour and see some of the amazing yachts that you can charter to whisk you off to a tropical paradise scenario.
You can do a lot of research on the Internet and that will enrich the experience and you will have the holiday-of-a-lifetime. Most people return to Thailand after their first visit, so do expect the ancient culture of Siam to have a profound effect on you.